This time of year is very busy as it is the start of Cross Country and road racing championships. So over the next weeks & months there will be a constant request for young athletes to take part in races. So to start looking ahead and putting the dates in the calendar here are dates & what details I have about races. As closer the race is and I will get more details to pass on.
1. West District XC Relay Championship, Sunday 15th October, Hamilton racecourse, (u13/15/17)
2. Lanarkshire AAA Road Relay Championship, Saturday 21st October, Drumpellier Park, Coatbridge (u11/15/17)
3. National XC Relay Championship, Saturday 28th October, Cumbernauld, (u13/15/17)
4. National Short Course XC Championship, Saturday 11th November, Kirkcaldy, (u15 & u17)
5. Lanarkshire AAA XC Championship, Saturday 25th November, Drumpellier Park, Coatbridge, (u11/15/17)
6. West District XC Championship, Saturday 9th December, Irvine, (u13/15/17)
7. National XC Championship, Saturday 24th February 2018, Callander Park, Falkirk (u13/15/17)
8. National Young Athletes Road Championships, Sunday 18th March 2018, Battery Park, Greenock, (u13/15/17)
Any athlete that is my training group will only be eligible to do the 2 under 11 races organised by Lanarkshire AAA. So there is limited races for this age group so bear in mind about deciding to run.
All the events are open to the older age groups coached by John & Mark. We recently split this group into a Performance Group & Development Group. Mark is coaching the Performance Group and all the athletes in this group should be racing unless you have a good excuse! The Development Group is coached by John and this is optional to race but I would like everyone to try a race. Remember running is a solo sport so only you can push yourself to get better. Applying your training and practice racing is all part of your training.