Sunday 17 December 2017

WEST DISTRICT XC...A SOLO AFFAIR

On Saturday 9th December I took part in the  4k cross country race in Irvine.  On the start line I was more nervous than usual as I was the only Harrier competing so had nothing to take my mind off what was coming next. 
 
I found the start fast but made sure I didn't drop of the back as I have a fear of coming last.  The weather was so cold the ground was crisp and icy in areas and muddy in others, certain areas were really hard to run on as it was past bushes on a single file track with loads of holes in the ground. The hills were short and steep and the course followed an interesting route, that part made it fun as the scenery took my mind off the cold!
 
I was glad when I finish the race as I found it hard, but I was proud of myself for doing it. I would recommend it to anyone who gets the chance to do it because the over all experience was good.              
By Renée Conneff 

No comments:

Post a Comment