UPDATE........TRAINING CANCELLED WED 28 OCTOBER.....
Monday, 26 October 2020
Tuesday, 13 October 2020
Please click on link to the Senior Harriers blog post on this event.
Since the announcement by the FM last week I was waiting to see if there was any changes to outdoors for the juniors. On the plus there is no change and we can carry on as usual.
Wednesday, 23 September 2020
Our facility operator, East Kilbride Sports Club, has notified us that the wearing of a face mask/covering is mandatory at all times within the club.
It can only be removed if you are sitting at a table in the bar areas.
So when we meet in the gym area prior to Wednesday session you need to wear a mask.
COVID-Coordinator (Calderglen Harriers)
Tuesday, 22 September 2020
I am sure you will be all pleased to hear the Junior Harriers can return to club training with COVID-19 restrictions on Wednesday 23rd September.
PARENTS AND YOUNG ATHLETES: - READ ALL THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS
- No access to club hall where we previously met
- MASK wearing in the Sports Club is voluntary
- YOUR SON OR DAUGHTER MUST STAY AT HOME IF
- They have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in last 14 days
- They have COVID-19 symptoms or are feeling unwell (high temperature, continuous cough, loss or change in taste or smell)
- They have been overseas to a country on the quarantine list
- Young Athletes have been organised into Packs A to E. An email was sent to all parents informing what pack your son or daughter is in and the packs were named on the junior section private Facebook page
- Training will be every Wednesday only
- New time and arrangements. 1st session will be 6.15pm to 7.15pm for Pack A and B. Coaches John and Richard
- New time and arrangements. 2nd session will be 7.30pm to 8.30pm for Packs C, D and E. Coaches John, Richard and Frances
- Parents please drop your son or daughter at front door. This is to ensure social distancing can be maintained in the gym area
- When arriving please maintain a 2m physical distance from everyone else
- Hygiene - On entering the Sports Club all Young Athletes please use hand sanitiser situated in the reception area (between toilet doors)
- Young Athletes - Please meet up with your Coach and pack in the club gym area. Male members enter through Gents toilets and female members through Ladies toilets. Join your Coach and pack before and during session. Everyone else maintain a 2m physical distance
- With your Coach, the leaving order will be once all members of your pack have arrived
- Leave a minimum 3 minute gap between packs leaving the Sports Club
- Packs will exit Sports Club through the fire exit door in the gym
- Young Athletes aged 11 and under in Pack A and B are not required to physically distance during training sessions
- Young Athletes aged 12 to 17 in Packs C, D and E must physically distance during training sessions (2m side-by-side and 5 m single file)
- Stay in your packs at all times
- Coaches and other adults (parent helpers) must continue to physically distance from Young Athletes
- Maintain 2m physical distance with other packs when doing all aspects of your training
- Once training has finished your Coach will bring your son or daughter back to the cricket pitch near the Sports Club building end for you to pick them up. Suggestion stand next to new decking area at back of Sports Club as a meeting point
- Please maintain a 2m physical distance from everyone
- Son or daughter hands should be washed and/or sanitised as soon as possible
- If you become unwell after training, with COVID-19 symptoms, you should first contact your GP/NHS 24 and then inform Richard Lawton, Calderglen Harriers COVID-19 Coordinator, on any of the following ways. Email: email@example.com ; Mob: 07849 231343
Wednesday, 16 September 2020
Save the date.......Junior Harrier club training returning on Wednesday 23rd September. Between the FB group page, email and the junior blog I will send out more information. Even though we are back as you know with life it now has COVID restrictions so this applies to training. So training will be as follows:
Every Wednesday only
1st session will be 6.15pm to 7.15pm which will be for Pack A and Pack B. This is a mixture of u11s & 13s. Coaches will be John and Richard
2nd session will be 7.30pm to 8.30pm which will be for Packs C, D and E. This is a mixture of u13s/15s/17s. Coaches will be John, Richard and Frances.
More information will follow.
Wednesday, 15 July 2020
The focus of Phase 3 just now is returning to training for athletes under 18 years old.
The rules for training group sizes changed as of Monday 13th July 2020.
Age 11 and under
1. Scottish Athletics recommend a maximum group of 8 athletes for athletes aged 11 and under
2. Children aged 11 years and younger are not required to physically distance, as set out in Scottish Government guidance. This extends to organised sports activity and the field of play.
3. Coaches and other adults must continue to physically distance as per Scottish Government guidance (2m for time being) at all times.
Age 12-17 years
1. Scottish Athletics recommend a maximum group of 10 athletes for athletes aged 12-17 years
2. For older children aged 12-17 a 'field of play bubble' can be created during organised sports activity that allows contact whilst the activity is taking place, in effect suspending physical distancing guidelines for the duration of the activity.
3. Normal physical distancing guidelines will however apply before and after the activity takes place
4. Coaches and other adults must continue to physically distance as per Scottish Government guidance (2m for time being) at all times.
Following on from this guidance update from Scottish Athletics we will need to look into the juniors returning and work out the details but we will get back to you asap. Please be patient.
Relevant Links to read
Phase 3 - https://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/56510-2/
Phase 1 & 2 - https://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/clubs/club-support/coronavirus/
I will keep the committee and members up to date of any further changes.