Tuesday 18 February 2014

FALKIRK XC 2014

Registration & Parking is at Graeme High School.  Can all young athletes report in at 1 hour before your race and meet me on the course in Callender Park,Falkirk.

The park is across the road from the school. Please arrive at the school in good time as car parking is very limited.

The Calderglen Harrier team for this years National Cross Country Championship in Falkirk is:

Under 13 Boys:    Marc McQuade

Under 15 Girls:     Helen Anderson, Megan Anderson, Louise Brown & Morgan Beaton
    
Under 17 Girls:     Megan Brady

I will be there on Saturday as I am competing in the Senior race and will meet you on the course.  We usually put the club tent near the side of high flats.  I will pick up the numbers to issue as I need to declare who is racing.  In addition to this I have to make sure everyone gets the correct number and matching TIMING CHIP.

This is this 2nd year Scottish Athletics are doing this and I will need to make sure everyone has the right chip and you will need time to attach it properly.  If anyone isn't going to make the race please let me know as I have to return unused chips (charged to the club £8 per chip) to declarations.

I have pre-registered all the above athletes.
 
The first race is u13 Boys, starts at 11.30am

The fourth race, u15 Girls, starts at 12:15pm

The fifth race, u17 Girls starts at 12.35pm

On the day please remember
Ø  Calderglen Harrier black & amber vest - remember this is essential (phone if you need to buy one)
Ø  Spikes or Trail trainers (i am running in spikes)
Ø  Safety pins for pinning your number on your vest
Ø  Layers in case it's cold and waterproofs in case of wet weather
Ø  Spare shoes if planning to walk the course (also spare socks)
Ø  Food and drink for after your race
Ø  If you can't make the race please let me know ASAP! 
PLEASE NOTE: I am bringing the club tent so would very grateful for help to put it up....please.

For those with sat nav the postcode is FK1 1SY for Callender Park,Falkirk.

Remember allow plenty of time to travel, find place and park.  I am leaving EK at 9am and will be leaving Falkirk after 4pm.  If anyone is stuck for lift please let me know there is enough cars going up.  See link to official info on race via Scottish Athletics website:

http://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/calendar/events/16738-16123-scottish-national-cross-country-championships

Good luck & see you all on Saturday
Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment